It’s been quite a while since I did a book tag so it’s about time I finally have up on my blog. Also the ones I’ve done lately were tags I’ve done previous and I really wanted something new. I found this tag on Lindsey’s blog and you can read their answers here.
How long have you been blogging?
- I’ve been blogging for a year and a couple of months. I’ve made my blog in 2017 June but haven’t started actually blogging until July, I needed a month to gather together what I wanted this blog to be and how I wanted to do things here.
What is the best thing about blogging?
- Making friends! I’ve made some amazing friends through book blogging! Just to mention a few (and I’m so sorry if I missed you, I love you all!): Sarah, Lia, Silvia, Nikki, Helena, Linda, Beth, Ash and a bunch more!
What is the worst thing? What can you do to make it okay?
- Probably the fact that as an international blogger I sometimes feel isolated and alone but my friends help me a lot with that!
How long does it make/take you to find pictures?
- It honestly depends. Sometimes I’m really in the mood to take a lot of pictures so it goes fast and well. I try to use as little pictures of others as possible!
What is your book crush?
- I don’t think I’d really call it crush to be honest. I really love Nikolai Lantsov from the Grishaverse.
What author would you like to guest on your blog?
- You’ll be surprised, it’s Leigh Bardugo and Victoria Schwab. I love them a lot, I recently got to meet Leigh Bardugo (of which I have a post here if you haven’t seen it yet) and I’d love it if she was a guest here.
What do you wear when you write blog posts?
- I mean, I usually wear something comfortable because I write them during the evenings when I have time or during the weekends. That’s when I have some time for blogging, anyway.
How long does it take you to prepare?
- Depends on the type of post. If it’s a review, it will take more time for me to gather my thoughts and once I got the review written I also have to translate them to Hungarian so it takes quite a while. With tags it’s a lot easier and faster too, especially because most of the time I don’t translate them to Hungarian. If I did I would not be putting out posts twice a week. It just takes quite some time to translate.
How do you feel about the book blogging community?
- For the most part I love being part of it and everyone I met were very welcoming as well. Though as in every community we have drama as well and it can turn ugly. Also sometimes I feel like that you can’t make mistakes and learn from them. I hate this mentality, it puts you in a box and won’t let you grow. Because everyone has done/said stupid things, got into a heated conversation because they didn’t know better or were too emotional about something and sometimes I feel like you can’t prove you can change or see things from a different perspective. It’s like, “oh my god you said this, I’m not gonna follow you anymore, we are not friends anymore, you are a horrible person” and I just can’t wrap my head around it.
What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
- This is gonna sound cliché but be yourself and don’t give up. I didn’t think my blog could reach 1000 followers two years ago when I started it but here I am and it’s been absolutely lovely.
This was the tag, I hope you all enjoyed, even though it was a little more personal. If you want to do this tag, I tag you!