I was tagged to do this tag by the lovely Siobhan! I could have swore I did this tag, but apparently not so I’m pretty glad Siobhan tagged me! You can read her post here, and I definitely encourage you to check out her whole blog as well!
A popular book or series that you didn’t like
- Don’t hurt me for this but… A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It was so hyped up, everyone loved it but I really was just disappointed by it. I read the second book, it was somewhat better than the first, but at that point I’ve given up with Sarah J. Maas. Her books are just not for me anymore.
A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love
- I wouldn’t say love but I don’t hate it as much as everyone else seems to be hating on it. That would be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Yeah sure it’s quite generic and full of cliché but there are other YA series that are the same and people still love them.
A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with or an OTP you don’t like
- The Alina-Mal-Darkling love triangle from the Grisha trilogy. But before you scream at me, hear me out, Alina should have stayed alone.
A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
- Contemporary. It just doesn’t appeal for me. I do occasionally read one, even love those (Let’s Talk About Love is a great example).
A popular or beloved character that you do not like
- Okay, I might upset some people with this but… Rhysand. I get why he appeals to so many readers but I just… I don’t like him.
A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
- There are quite a few, to be honest. Just to mention a couple: Samantha Shannon, John Green, Stephen King.
A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
- Again, there is quite a few out there. Any cliché romance trope to be honest (if you read my blog for a bit now you know I’m not the biggest fan of romance). To mention something specific: “I’m not like other girls” trope is something that gets on my nerves very easily.
A common series that you have no interest in reading
- Anything new that Sarah J. Maas will put out, to be honest. Also the new Cassandra Clare series as well.
The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
- The Death Cure movie is a lot better than the book.
I’m definitely also not biased because of Thomas Brodie-Sangster, I promise.
Hope you enjoyed this tag, and you don’t hate me if I talked about your favourites. No hard feelings, they are just really not for me. If you want to do this tag, I tag you!